tremulus at TactiCon 2012

RPGs, board games, computer games, etc. that are not Savage

tremulus at TactiCon 2012

Postby Savage Mommy » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:29 pm

Here is a recap of my experience from this past weekend at TactiCon in Denver:

I got a chance to play tremulus with Sean Preston over this past weekend at TactiCon in Denver. I played in 2 different sessions that each lasted about 2 hours each. I had such a great time. I really wish we had longer to play. This was my first experience playing any type of story-telling game. What a great first experience it turned out to be!

Character creation was very quick and easy. We picked our playbooks, filled out the information on them and we were ready to play. I played the Journalist and the Detective. As expected, both played very differently. I think my favorite part of character creation was the Trust aspect.

Each player is given trust points to spend during creation to start building the story between the different characters. This worked great. I knew right away how I felt about the other characters and this really helped me get into my character.

The town building was also very cool. We used Ebon Eaves as the town for both games. The group answered a number of questions to “build” the town. The most interesting thing for me was that the town was completely different for both sessions.

Both of these parts only took about 20 minutes and then we were playing. Both games had their own feel to them. Sean did a great job answering questions about the different moves that you can do during the game. Think “Actions” from other games. My two favorites were “Poke Around” and “Puzzle it Out.” The names of all the moves pretty much told you exactly what you could do with them, just by the names.

Will I play more tremulus? You better believe I will. I’m even hoping to give running the game a chance. It will be a totally new experience for me. Playing the game with Sean made me even happier that I backed the Kickstarter for this.
Chris "Savage Mommy" Fuchs
RMS Founder
SavageCast- A Savage Worlds Podcast

Growing Older, But Not Up!
Savage Mommy
RMS Member
RMS Member

Re: tremulus at TactiCon 2012

Postby jcfiala » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:20 am

Neat!

I've got a copy of 'Monster of the Week', which is a game based on the same engine, built around the idea of monster of the week tv shows like Buffy and Supernatural, that I'd like to give a try sometime as well.
--
John Fiala
jcfiala
RMS Member
RMS Member

Postby Savage Mommy » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:16 pm

I love Supernatural! I will be checking out this game!!!
Chris "Savage Mommy" Fuchs
RMS Founder
SavageCast- A Savage Worlds Podcast

Growing Older, But Not Up!
Savage Mommy
RMS Member
RMS Member

Postby Reon98 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:15 pm

A game based off Buffy you say... *strokes mustache* and supernatural? *changes into picard* Make it so!
One thing is for sure... It's definetly not Tribbles

-Reon98 in a Star Trek RPG
Reon98

Return to Civilized Games