GMing for GMs

A place for all the general savage goodness

Re: GMing for GMs

Postby SavageBull » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:17 pm

As one of the people there when we came up with this idea (based on the realization that Neal Hyde has never played in an R Kal game and vice versa ... a truly sad state of affairs) ... I must bow out as potential organizer. I'll be the RPG Coordinator for Tacticon this year and between that and RMS coordination, I can't promise a competent job spearheading this. But I want it very badly to happen.
Christopher "Savage Bull" Landauer - RMS Games Coordinator - SavageCast Co-Host - Tacticon 2016 RPG Coordinator
SavageBull
RMS Member
RMS Member

Postby FatSteve » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:51 pm

You had me as soon as I noticed the words "Gaming" and "Beer."
FatSteve
RMS Member
RMS Member

Postby jcfiala » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:32 am

I'm interested!
--
John Fiala
jcfiala
RMS Member
RMS Member

Postby Joe Thomas » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:21 pm

I'm with pretty much everyone else who has posted here, this idea is outstanding, and I'm also wondering if we can make a yearly thing out of it. There's just too much potential fun and learning here. :mrgreen:

In addition, this reminds me of the old "GM Boot Camp" that the Denver Gamers used to have a few years ago. I only attended one of them, but it was truly a good time and learned a lot. I'm going to have to do some thinking on this one as we start to emerge from winter....
Joe Thomas
RMS Member
RMS Member

Postby arachne555 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:34 pm

Okay, it sounds like we have enough interest to make it worth pursuing -- but as folks have pointed out, it's tough to find a time that works for people, especially since we have cons every month between now and October. (Okay, I didn't see anything for May, but I'm sure there's SOMETHING.)

Here's what I'm envisioning:

* 10-14 people
* Two gaming slots, with two games in each slot, with no one GMing more than once during the day.
* A third slot dedicated to some sort of "GM workshop" -- maybe a round-table discussion, maybe a couple short presentations, maybe at a local brewery?
(Obviously, if we get more interest, then we add games and probably forego the round-table idea.)

The next step, I think, is to figure out how many GMs are interested and when they are available. To that end, I'll put together a Google doc we can fill in with our info and availability in the next few months. If possible, I'd like to schedule this before Tacticon, so we can all (theoretically, at least) have improved skillzzzz at that Savage-heavy convention.

In the meantime, if anyone has any suggestions for the event (including possible hosting locations) please share them!

- Darrell
arachne555
RMS Member
RMS Member

Postby arachne555 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:27 am

As promised, here's a link to a Google form where you can fill in your availability between May and August.

http://goo.gl/forms/3oQlx6RWfT

Please hit the link and let's start narrowing down a possible weekend.

Thanks!
arachne555
RMS Member
RMS Member

Postby Gobbo » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:41 am

I am again hosed for work... :(

I work Saturdays, and so will not likely be able to participate. Very sad indeed...
‎"01001001 00100000 01000001 01001101 00100000 01000111 01010010 01000101 01000001 01010100!"

http://thegobbo.tumblr.com/
Gobbo
RMS Member
RMS Member

Postby Lord Inar » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:57 am

Savage Mommy wrote:I would be interested in both these things. For me it would be all about the time we decide to do it. I always seem to have something going on and it will only be getting worse as the spring and summer moves forward.

Second this to the letter!
Lord Inar

Postby Fatherdonz » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:36 am

Just filled out the form. Offered up my place to host as I have accommodations for 20+ gamers and would really enjoy it.
Fatherdonz
RMS Member
RMS Member

Postby arachne555 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:31 pm

Thanks for the support, folks - and thanks for hitting the Google forms link.

Unless the admins have any objections, I'm going to post a link to this discussion from the RMS Facebook page in an effort to pick up a few more interested parties, then try to nail down a possible date next week. (Er, the date wouldn't be the next week, but just nailing down. Of the date. You know what I mean.)

- Darrell
arachne555
RMS Member
RMS Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Savagery