GMing for GMs

A place for all the general savage goodness

Re: GMing for GMs

Postby Sean Patrick Fannon » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:12 pm

Please, Light of the Universe, yes! I almost never get to play in these games, and that's going to be especially true at Tacticon this year (as I needed to put in five games for the con).

I would dearly love a chance to play in some of these amazing games, and I am more than willing to run a Savage Rifts game for y'all for the chance to play some.
Sean Patrick Fannon
Co-Founder and CVO, Evil Beagle Games
"Bad Dog. Good Games."
Lead Writer & Designer, Brand Manager, Savage Rifts
"Prepare yourself for a railgun-shredding, mega-powered magic flinging journey into a post-post-apocalyptic world where supernatural horrors vie with technological empires for mastery of the world."
Sean Patrick Fannon
RMS Member
RMS Member

Postby arachne555 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:10 am

Awesome!

I'm sending out an email update right now, and will add you to the list, Sean.

For anyone else who's interested, we'll be playing and chatting about GM stuff on Saturday, July 30, in Littleton. Exactly times TBD, but I'm thinking 12:00 - 6:00 PM, with the option of heading out for food/drinks after.

- Darrell
arachne555
RMS Member
RMS Member

Postby arachne555 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:09 am

So it's been a week since the GM Workshop event, and I've been remiss to provide an update to the community. Sorry about that.

I'll spare you a complete postmortem, but will say that the event went very well. We had about 10 people there, and ran two games (Don Arnold's TMNT and Chris Martinez's "Savage Blender") before doing an hour-long round-table discussion of GMing in general, and Savage Worlds GMing in particular. (Savage Mommy recorded everything, which wasn't creepy at all, so I expect that the most productive bits of that discussion will eventually show up on the Savage Cast.)

I'd like to thank all the participants for joining the fun and sharing their wisdom. I'd especially like to thank Don and Andrea for providing space and snacks to our savage horde.

We didn't set a date for another such gathering, but it was generally agreed that we should definitely do so. I'm thinking some time between Tacticon and Genghis, but we'll see how it shakes out.

Thanks again, everyone! Hail savages!

- Darrell
arachne555
RMS Member
RMS Member

Postby Lord Inar » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:32 pm

And a big thanks to you Darrell for getting this off the ground! I think it went quite well (both the games and the discussion) and I look forward to hearing the roundtable (especially since we had to leave a little early).
Lord Inar

Previous

Return to General Savagery