Horror: Play by Post/Playtest

Can't meet face to face? Play your game here!!!

Horror: Play by Post/Playtest

Postby Reon98 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:17 pm

Hello savages,
A few friends and I have been reading rpdna, looking online, googling human psychology, and watching horror shows and games and we have come up with a game that could scare people... We can't play test on eachother as we wrote it and won't be scared, I doubt it will have the same effect online but it is worth a try... If anyone is interested please send me a character. There are no weapons. Period. We have also come up with/stole from Lovecraftian games the idea of paranoia/madness scores. In this game that score will be equal to one fourth your spirit plus two. Please tell me this in negative.

The following is the backstory:

You and a few friends went camping for the weekend just for the heck of it. You chose a spot next to a lake but kind of remote compared to other camp sites. You were up late that first night. So late in fact you decided not to sleep. Instead you went for a night hike. When on your night hike you lost your way and could not find it again. However, luckily for you you have found an old building in the middle of the dark forest. You decide to camp there until morning until someone can find you. But, as joe was sleeping he was stolen all that was heard of him was his screams. You don't remember where the door was and there is something in there with you...
One thing is for sure... It's definetly not Tribbles

-Reon98 in a Star Trek RPG
Reon98

Re: Horror: Play by Post/Playtest

Postby Derek J. » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Hey Reon--
I'd be willing to step in.

And at the risk of derailing what you've already done, if you haven't checked out the SW Horror Companion, you should. There's some great stuff in there about fear and sanity.
There's also the sanity system in Reality Blur's Realms of Cthulu, which isn't too far off from what I think you've put together for rules.
Anyway, something to think about.
Derek J.

Re: Horror: Play by Post/Playtest

Postby Reon98 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:17 pm

Yeah, I had been looking at the PDF bundle for Agents of Oblivian and Realms of Cthulhu on their site. I think I'm going to get Interface 0 first though... Although that is subject to change. Thanks for the recommendation... I'll PM you when I need the characters.
One thing is for sure... It's definetly not Tribbles

-Reon98 in a Star Trek RPG
Reon98

Return to Play by Forum