Conclave of Gamers 2015

Conclave of Gamers 2015

Postby SavageBull » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:35 pm

Savages -

The RMS is now taking game submissions for Conclave of Gamers 2015 which is running April 16 - 19, 2015 at the DIA Crowne Plaza, Denver, CO.

Since this is only the second year of building an RPG culture at this convention we've secured a great deal for any GMs who want to come and check the Con out. Commit to run just one 4 hour slot and you get a free day pass, even if your game doesn't run. There are no other event fees so come, run a game, and see all the rest this convention has to offer.

Jennifer Dulock <Jennifer.dulock@gmail.com> is heading up RPG coordination, assisted by Justin Suzuki <justin.suzuki@gmail.com> and Ed Doolittle <doolittle.ed@gmail.com>, so we're in good hands.

This Con offers a unique format, it's almost all schedule-less. Run when you want. Since this is quite a change for RPGs, we still would like you to submit your blurbs (on this thread) so that Jennifer and the RPG team know what to expect in assisting you to fill your tables and run your games and so we can advertise your games on social media before the Con. Chris Fuchs, Sean Patrick Fannon, and I are all going to be running some time on Savage Saturday and Justin Suzuki and Neil Ikerd (eldrwyrm) have already expressed interest in running, so come join us.

Please be flexible! It will take some time to build an RPG program and culture that runs as smoothly as our heavily scheduled Cons, and don't be afraid to market yourself to get players... we don't have the booklet and pre-reg to help match players to games, but we also don't have to decide what we're running 6 months out! Don't fret if your game gets going an hour late or doesn't run at all. If we build it, players will come.

Can you run a published module? Yes! Can you run something you've run previously at a Con? Yes! Can you do a dry run for a game you're bringing to GenCon? Yes!

Please post your blurbs here on this thread.

Game Title:
GM:
Blurb:
System:
Time(s) Offered:

Here is the GM compensation package offered by Chad Uecker <chad@conclaveofgamers.org> who runs Conclave:

* Run 4 hours of content - free day pass
* Run 8 hours of content - free day pass or $20 off weekend pass
* Run 12 hours of content - free day pass or $30 off weekend pass
* Run 16 hours of content - free weekend pass

More information about Conclave: http://conclaveofgamers.org/

Kickstarter for discount Weekend Passes: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/73 ... ming-conve

Venue Info

Address: 15500 E. 40th Avenue, Denver, Colorado 80239. Easy access from I-70 (on Chambers Rd) and from Peña Blvd (on 40th Avenue). Also easy access from I-225 (exit to east I-70, stay in exit only lane to Chambers Rd).
Map/Location: http://www.cpdenverairport.com/map-directions. The are a variety of local restaurants (list).
Reservations: The Crowne Plaze is excited to have us join them this year and so they have extended a great room rate to our guests: just $109.00 a night!
Online: This link will take you to our area of the Crowne Plaza site that will give you our special room rate (only guaranteed through March 27th) https://resweb.passkey.com/go/gamers2015
Phone: By phone make sure to mention your with Conclave of Gamers to get our special room rate. Call 888-233-9527 (on smart phones you can click the number to make the call).
Christopher "Savage Bull" Landauer - RMS Games Coordinator - SavageCast Co-Host - Tacticon 2016 RPG Coordinator
SavageBull
RMS Member
RMS Member

Re: Conclave of Gamers 2015

Postby bpowell » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:47 pm

Chris,

Let me verify I am off that weekend and I can run a module (or two). I have a Sci Fi event running around my mind (kinda spooky in there). Once I can ensure I am not the On Call Exec for that weekend i will get a name and blurb up. It will be set in Andre Norton's Forerunner setting (one of my favorites and I hope she does not rise out of her grave and track me down).

-Bruce Powell
bpowell
RMS Member
RMS Member

Postby bpowell » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:22 pm

OK, I am off that weekend. Here is the blurb ....

Rough Landings –
Your first run with the Galactic Survey and you have hit a potential jackpot. A world was turned over by Morton for Survey for potential colonization. Morton himself! Yes, you know the rumors calling him Morton the mad, but the man had found the last ten worlds opened up. The mineral wealth of Zumia made the survey team then wealthy. This world known only as X12904 is open for the taking. Your team has been assigned to look it over and potentially turn it over for use. A Patrol cruiser is nearby in case of trouble. A nice quick in and out mission, what could go wrong?

A Savage World Sci Fi game set in the universe of Andre Norton’s Forerunner saga by Bruce Powell.
bpowell
RMS Member
RMS Member

Postby bpowell » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:23 pm

Here is all the info you need....

Game Title: Rough Landings
GM: Bruce Powell
Blurb: Rough Landings –
Your first run with the Galactic Survey and you have hit a potential jackpot. A world was turned over by Morton for Survey for potential colonization. Morton himself! Yes, you know the rumors calling him Morton the mad, but the man had found the last ten worlds opened up. The mineral wealth of Zumia made the survey team then wealthy. This world, known only as X12904, is open for the taking. Your team has been assigned to look it over and potentially turn it over for use. A Patrol cruiser is nearby in case of trouble. A nice quick in and out mission, what could go wrong?

A Savage World Sci Fi game set in the universe of Andre Norton’s Forerunner saga by Bruce Powell.

System: Savage Worlds
Time(s) Offered:Friday Apr 17, 2015 1900 -2300, Saturday Apr 18, 2015 1900 – 2300, Sunday Apr 19, 2015 0900 - 1300
bpowell
RMS Member
RMS Member

Postby sazyanti » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:13 am

Game Title: Shaintar: Justice and Life
GM: Shawn Gore
Blurb: You've signed on, and after rushing through the most intense training of your life, you're already hitting the field as threats close in on all sides. The ongoing "living" style campaign we are running at cons and events everywhere, as well as online via the Roll20 Virtual Tabletop System and Google Hangouts. Campaign site for the whole thing: http://www.shaintar.com/
Make your own character, or use one of the many pre-gens on hand. The stories that happen at this event will be unique and exclusive to this show, individual experiences for each and every player that become canon in the official Shaintar setting. 6 players, no experience needed, materials provided.
Time(s) Offered: Saturday 9a-1p
sazyanti

Postby Sean Patrick Fannon » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:56 pm

Game Title: Shaintar: Justice & Life (Crossroads of Chaos)
GM: Sean Patrick Fannon
Blurb: Trollkeep is the newest outpost opened by Grayson's Grey Rangers... or is it? Very near the borders of both the Kal Empire and Shaya'Nor, Rangers here face the forces of Flame and Darkness continually, while also dealing with all the skulduggery the locals can muster. This is part of the ongoing "living" style campaign we are running at cons and events everywhere, as well as online via the Roll20 Virtual Tabletop System and Google Hangouts. The campaign site for the whole thing: http://www.shaintar.com/. Make your own character, or use one of the many pre-gens on hand. The stories at each table will be unique and exclusive to this show, individual experiences for each and every player that become canon in the official Shaintar setting. 6 players, no experience needed, materials provided.
Time(s) Offered: 2pm-6pm
Sean Patrick Fannon
Co-Founder and CVO, Evil Beagle Games
"Bad Dog. Good Games."
Lead Writer & Designer, Brand Manager, Savage Rifts
"Prepare yourself for a railgun-shredding, mega-powered magic flinging journey into a post-post-apocalyptic world where supernatural horrors vie with technological empires for mastery of the world."
Sean Patrick Fannon
RMS Member
RMS Member

Postby AnnePR » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:22 pm

I'll run something on Saturday. I need to decide what, though.

Anne

Game Title: Scare Crow
GM: Anne Scott
Blurb: Do you and your posse have the mettle to face murdering townsfolk and a murder of crows? Saddle up and head to Alder Creek, an idyllic small town on the prairie surrounded by cornfields.
System: Savage Worlds, Deadlands Reloaded
Time Offered: Saturday 2-6pm
Last edited by AnnePR on Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
AnnePR
RMS Member
RMS Member

Postby Pooka486 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:28 pm

Hooray! My work schedule will allow me to run some late-night Savage Worlds! Count me in!

Game Title: "Fallout: The Air is Rare"
GM: Benjamin "Pooka" Pelayo
Blurb: Deep under the decimated, irradiated ruins of Denver, in the midst of the fighting between the legion and the New California Republic lies the secret to unlocking No-Rad, a pre-war government base with enough weapons and technology to support an army. Trouble is, the only person who can guide you there is a cynical ghoul, and you're not too confident about this team you have assembled. Between the team, the radiation, feral monsters, and the patched-up looking Radiation suits you've been given, it'll be a miracle if any of you survive.
Just like the Fallout series, this game is rated 'M' for Mature- Horror themes, graphic violence, and strong language. Knowledge of the Fallout series welcome, but not required, rules taught, new players welcome. Bring your game face, because PVP is allowed!
Time(s) Offered: Fri 0000-0400 (thu night-fri morning)
Sat 0000-0400 (Fri night-sat morning)
Pooka486

Postby eldrwyrm » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:21 pm

The module finally came together, woot!

Game Title: Omega Files: Chechen Pox
GM: Neil Ikerd
Blurb: A pharmaceutical research facility that contracts to the Russian government was attacked last night by parties unknown. Our sources in the MVD indicate that certain sensitive materials may be missing. The Russians are very specifically not answering important questions that are being asked at the highest levels, because they don't want westerners poking their noses in what they term an "internal matter." A team is being assembled from operatives around the world. You will meet with Operations Director Myles Messervy at Restaurant Brenner on Ragensburger Strasse in Berlin at 1800 tomorrow. This message will self destruct in 5 seconds.....
A modern-day spy setting. Characters provided. Rules taught.
Time offered: Sat 1300-1700
eldrwyrm
RMS Member
RMS Member

Postby mdulock » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:37 am

Hi Chris,

I've been lurking for quite a while (used to be an old email address, which I can no longer access, so I re-registered today). I've run Savage Worlds in home games but not at a Con (though I've run all kinds of stuff at Cons, notably HEX) - so I'd like to jump in for Conclave. Let me know if I have to pass some initiation first. :-)
I don't have my blurb yet, but I can say I would like to run Savage B.P.R.D. on Friday night 1900-2300 and Saturday morning 0900-1300. I'll put in a real submission once I have my blurb and a good title.

Thanks,
Michael Dulock, long-time listener, first-time caller
mdulock
RMS Member
RMS Member

Next

Return to Conclave of Gamers