RMS Membership Discussion

Enter the circle and become a leader of Savages!

RMS Membership Discussion

Postby SavageBull » Mon May 18, 2015 9:46 pm

This thread is a venue for you to share ideas on membership, ask questions, have concerns addressed and discuss your thoughts on the RMS becoming a Membership organization.

The Agenda of our Steering Committee Meeting is available here:
RMS Steering Committe 2015 Agenda ver 2.docx
Steering CMTE Agenda ver 2
(19.61 KiB) Downloaded 35 times

and the Notes from that meeting will be made available soon.
Christopher "Savage Bull" Landauer - RMS Games Coordinator - SavageCast Co-Host - Tacticon 2016 RPG Coordinator
SavageBull
RMS Member
RMS Member

Re: RMS Membership Discussion

Postby waxman80014 » Tue May 19, 2015 12:38 am

How are you going to send t shirts to everyone?
waxman80014
RMS Member
RMS Member

Postby SavageBull » Tue May 19, 2015 12:40 am

waxman80014 wrote:How are you going to send t shirts to everyone?

T-shirts will be available for pickup at our major conventions or by special arrangement. So, Tacticon will be the first opportunity to pick up a shirt.
Christopher "Savage Bull" Landauer - RMS Games Coordinator - SavageCast Co-Host - Tacticon 2016 RPG Coordinator
SavageBull
RMS Member
RMS Member

Postby Savage Mommy » Tue May 19, 2015 5:22 am

I'm pretty excited about what we can do as a club. The steering committee meeting was excellent. We had a great discussion. I hope you all will consider becoming members.
Chris "Savage Mommy" Fuchs
RMS Founder
SavageCast- A Savage Worlds Podcast

Growing Older, But Not Up!
Savage Mommy
RMS Member
RMS Member

Postby RivetDRivet » Tue May 19, 2015 6:33 am

Landauer wrote:The Agenda of our Steering Committee Meeting is available here:

Just a heads up, "here" currently doesn't have a link associated with it. Here it is though.

Please feel free to delete this post if the inital one is fixed with the link.
RivetDRivet
RMS Member
RMS Member

Postby Fatherdonz » Tue May 19, 2015 7:25 am

Sorry I missed the meeting. Mirage is sooo close to me and I forgot completely about the event.

When are elections? Month and year is acceptable.
What is the role of the president?
What is the role of the secretary?
What is the role of the treasurer? (other than the obvious)
Who can help write the bylaws?
Can members hold official RMS events at private property (like my house) and still be covered by whatever the insurance is going to cover?
Anybody want to play Savage Worlds: Deadlands, Hell on Earth Reloaded June 6th at my place? Wadsworth Belleview area
Fatherdonz
RMS Member
RMS Member

Postby SavageBull » Tue May 19, 2015 8:43 am

Fatherdonz wrote:When are elections? Month and year is acceptable.

Elections will occur in the winter of 2016. Perhaps circa Tacticon 2016 or after.

What is the role of the president?
What is the role of the secretary?
What is the role of the treasurer? (other than the obvious)

These roles will be most defined by the legal requirements of incorporation. They will probably look much like they do in any other small organization.

The other roles are what will really define and meet the unique character of our club and what we do.

Between now and elections we expect interested parties to take initiative, step up, and perform the functions that will coalesce into formal officer positions.

Who can help write the bylaws?

Anyone interested. And of course active participation will be more helpful than drive by suggestions. By this I mean "You guys should really do this...." is not as helpful as "We could do this and I'm willing to spearhead the effort."

We need Sargeants more than philosophers.

Can members hold official RMS events at private property (like my house) and still be covered by whatever the insurance is going to cover?

Good question. The answer will have to wait until we purchase liability insurance. Anyone with experience here is welcome to chime in.

Anybody want to play Savage Worlds: Deadlands, Hell on Earth Reloaded June 6th at my place? Wadsworth Belleview area

This might get overlooked in this thread. I'd suggest starting a new thread in the events section of the forum.
SavageBull
RMS Member
RMS Member

Postby SavageBull » Tue May 19, 2015 9:42 am

RivetDRivet wrote:
Landauer wrote:The Agenda of our Steering Committee Meeting is available here:

Just a heads up, "here" currently doesn't have a link associated with it. Here it is though.

Please feel free to delete this post if the inital one is fixed with the link.

Thanks Chris M, I wanted to upload the updated agenda with a few more notes that I took at the meeting, so there's now a Ver2 posted in this thread.
SavageBull
RMS Member
RMS Member

Postby Sean Patrick Fannon » Tue May 19, 2015 11:35 am

Proud to have signed up as a member!
Sean Patrick Fannon
Co-Founder and CVO, Evil Beagle Games
"Bad Dog. Good Games."
Lead Writer & Designer, Brand Manager, Savage Rifts
"Prepare yourself for a railgun-shredding, mega-powered magic flinging journey into a post-post-apocalyptic world where supernatural horrors vie with technological empires for mastery of the world."
Sean Patrick Fannon
RMS Member
RMS Member

Postby Fatherdonz » Tue May 19, 2015 2:42 pm

snipped most of the quote. Hopefully it won't seem like random words put together

These roles will be most defined by the legal requirements of incorporation. They will probably look much like they do in any other small organization.

The other roles are what will really define and meet the unique character of our club and what we do.

I pretty much figured this to be the case, but was hoping for an outline of function. It sounds like there is some work to be done. I can help with this if needed/wanted. I've done a little business analysis and worked with unions and non profits in organizing essential functions and duties. I can't commit to full time active RMS duty as I have obligated myself to many other things, but this is important to me, too. So, I'd like to help.

Between now and elections we expect interested parties to take initiative, step up, and perform the functions that will coalesce into formal officer positions.

I can help with defining necessary duties of said officers and collaborate to create an outline with those interested. Along with duties, deadlines and contingencies should be made.

Anyone interested. And of course active participation will be more helpful than drive by suggestions. By this I mean "You guys should really do this...." is not as helpful as "We could do this and I'm willing to spearhead the effort."

We need Sergeants more than philosophers.

Somebody will have to
"You guys should really do this...."
document all of the ideas and help to get them going. If i can somehow remember to go to meetings, I can do that.

If you have all the help you need, I respectfully leave it to you. You seem very capable of putting this together and making it very successful. I am content in just running games for RMS, but would be happy to pitch in where needed.
Fatherdonz
RMS Member
RMS Member

Next

Return to Savage Tribal Council